What we will teach you during the skills sessions at rideCAMP
Our aim is to help you improve the following aspects of your riding:
- Improved bike handling skills various trails and features.
- Maintaining flow and speed on the bike.
- Smoothness and efficiency over all terrain.
- Building your confidence for riding and racing.
To achieve those aims, we work on these specific elements of mountain biking:
- Negotiating all types of technical terrain.
- Riding fast, but safely and smoothly uphill and downhill.
- Cornering at speed (these are the most popular sessions).
- Riding smoothly and flowing over rocks, roots, bumps, jumps, drop-offs and other obstacles.
- Using the trails and its obstacles rather than being hindered by them.
- Advanced braking techniques.
- Efficient and effective pedaling over all terrain types.
- Body positioning and ‘working the bike’ to get more out of your body and bike.
- Line choice ‘on the fly’ to get more out of the trail.
- Bike and equipment set up for safety, comfort and performance.
- Bike tuning, maintenance and repairs.
- Suspension tuning and advice.